Cheesecake is a classic dessert and if you want to impress someone with your baked goods, this is the Ultimate Cheesecake Recipe. A homemade graham cracker crust with silky and creamy cheesecake topping baked to perfection.
How to Make the Ultimate Homemade Cheesecake:
- Make the crust
- Make the filling
- Prepare water bath
- Bake Cheesecake
•9 Tbs butter, melted
•2 cups graham cracker crumbs
•1 tbs sugar
•5 (8oz) blocks of cream cheese
•1 1/3 cup sugar
•1 tsp lemon juice
•2 tsp vanilla extract
•1/3 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). 2. Mix the crushed graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar in a medium-sized bowl and whisk together.
3. Add the melted butter and mix until evenly combined.
4. Scoop the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan and firmly press it down.
5. Bake at 325°F (163°C) for 7minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Cheesecake filling instructions:
1. Set a large pot of water to boil for the water bath.
2. In the large mixing bowl using a mixer, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar on low-medium speed until smooth and creamy. Then add each egg one at a time, making sure that each is evenly mixed before adding the next. Add the sour cream and mix until fully combined. Lastly, add the vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix until well.
3. Wrap the springform pan with the baked graham cracker crust in aluminum foil to prevent water from seeping through.
4. Pour the cheesecake filling into the springform pan and smooth out the top.
5. Tap the pan on the counter a couple of times to bring any air bubbles to the top.
6. Add the boiling water to a large baking pan until it is about 3/4-inch to 1-inch deep. Carefully place the wrapped springform pan into the baking pan with hot water.
7. Transfer the pan with the cheesecake to the oven and bake at 325°F (163°C) for 65-70 minutes. You’ll know when the cheesecake is ready when edges of the cheesecake are set and the center is still slightly jiggly.
8. Turn the oven off, open the oven door slightly, and allow the cheesecake to cool in the warm oven for about 1/2hour.
9. After the cheesecake has cooled in the oven, remove it from the oven and let it cool completely. Once cooled, transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 6 hours or overnight. One chilled, remove remove from springform pan, slice, and enjoy chilled with your favorite toppings