Delicious coconut cookies, with an almond crunch throughout, and topped with a chocolate Hershey kiss! Does this remind you of a popular candy we all know? I’ll give you a hint- it starts with almond and ends in joy.
There are only a handful of ingredients in these cookies and they come together so quickly. When you take your first bite out of these Chocolate Kiss Coconut Almond Blossoms, every second you put in making them will be well worth all of the effort.
How to make Chocolate Kissed Coconut Blossoms:
1. Make the Dough
- Pulse almonds in a food processor.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together crushed almonds, coconut flakes, all purpose flour, and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat egg white and 1/4 teaspoon salt until frothy and then add in sweetened condensed coconut milk and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- To your egg white mixture add in the dry ingredients until they are combined.
- Scoop out 24 cookies using a cookie scoop and drop onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Bake the Cookies
- In a preheated oven to 350F, bake cookies for about 15 minutes or until a very light brown. Once baked, remove from oven.
3. Top with Hershey Kiss
- Right out of the oven while the cookies are still hot, place one unwrapped hershey kiss in the center of each cookie. The Chocolate Hershey kiss will melt slightly in the coconut almond cookie.
How to store Chocolate Kiss Coconut Almond Cookies:
Store cookies in an container with a lid at room temperature.
Can these cookies be frozen?
Yes- you can freeze these cookies for up to 3 months. To freeze, simply place them in a freezer bag once they are completely cooled.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 package coconut flakes (14oz)
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 (11.5 oz) can condensed coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 24 Chocolate Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, crush almonds until crumbly.
- In a medium bowl, mix together almonds, coconut flakes, and al purpose flour.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat egg white and salt until frothy. Then, add sweetened condensed coconut milk and the vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg white mixture and mix well until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out 24 scoops of the dough and drop onto 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 1-2inches apart.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and press a Chocolate Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie while they are still hot.
- Transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack until they are completely cooled.