Nothing beats an EASY dessert and when you add Oreo to easy, you know that it can not get any better. This No Bake Oreo Pie is made up of an incredible Oreo crust and filled with a no bake cheesecake center filled with crushed Oreo cookies. I can say with confidence that everyone that had a taste of this No Bake Oreo Pie loved every little bit of it! Heck, I even had to cut seconds and with how easy it was to make, I could have easily made two.
Do I have to use Oreo cookies? No. There are plenty of other alternatives to Oreo cookies that you can substitute in both of the crust as well as the filling. While you can use any kind of chocolate cookie with a cream center, you can also use any chocolate wafer-like cookies.
What is the best way to store the No Bake Oreo Pie? You most definitely want to keep it refrigerated. This Oreo pie will last in the fridge for up to 1 week and you can also freeze it for up to two weeks. On a side note, you can also eat this straight out of the freezer. You will still be able to slice into the Oreo pie and it will be creamy but only much colder, making it kind of like ice cream!
What size package of Oreo cookies do I need? One. However, I certainly don’t want to be a THAT person to rain on your parade and tell you that you have to limit the amount of Oreo cookies in your pie filling. While I suggest 5 Oreo crushed Oreo cookies in the filling, you can certainly add more but I would still say that one standard size is enough. One standard size package of Oreo cookies contains 45 cookies, 3 rows with 15 cookies in each row.
Tips for making a smooth filling: The worst thing you can do is making pie filling where your cream cheese remains lumpy and you bite into chunks of cream cheese. To avoid this, you want to make sure that your cream cheese is completely creamed. The best and most important tip for this is to make sure that the cream cheese is softened slightly at room temperature. Once your cream cheese has come to room temperature, it will be much easier to cream together. I use an electric mixer and medium-high speed to do this. Although I am sure you can use a hand held whisk, it would certainly be very difficult to do and it would sure be an arm workout.
How long does it take to make this No Bake Oreo Pie? 10 minutes to make the crust and filling. The rest of the time is to let the Oreo pie cool and set, about 2 hours.
•5 Tbs butter, melted
•1/2 cup cold whipping cream
•1/3 cup granulated sugar
•6 oz cream cheese
•1 tsp vanilla extract
•5 crushed Oreos
1. In a food processor, pulverize the oreos until you are left with very fine crumbs.
2. In a small dish, place the Oreo crumbs and melted butter and mix until it is the consistency of wet sand.
3. Press mixture along the bottom and sides of a 9-inch round pie dish or tart pan.
4. Place in the refrigerator while the filling is being made.
5. To make the Oreo crumb filling, start with whipping the cold whipping cream with a mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
6. In a separate mixing bowl, place cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract.
7. Mix on high speed until the cream cheese is fluffy and smooth with no lumps.
8. Using a spatula, fold in the whipping cream until evenly combined.
9. Lastly, add the crushed Oreos and mix until evenly incorporated.
10. Add filling on top of the Oreo crust and set in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours.
11. Enjoy cooled!!!