These Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies are perfect when you want a chocolate chip cookie but don’t want the loads of butter and added sugars. Yet, you’re still agreeing to the chocolate chips because is it even a chocolate chip cookie without chocolate chips ?! LOL! The simplicity of these is insane when you actually taste these Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies and realize how chewy and tasty they are.
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mash the banana in a medium sized bowl.
- Once the mashed banana is creamy and free of big chunks, add egg, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Mix to combine ingredients.
- Add oats, whole wheat flour, and chocolate chips.
- The mixture should be very sticky. You will know when the constancy is just right by forming a ball with wet hands. It will stick to your fingers but it should still keep its shape into a messy ball. If needed, add 1 -2 tablespoons of whole wheat flour.
- Form 10-12 balls of the cookie mixture, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and slightly press them down.
- Do not flatten them out so that you get a thick and chewy cookie. They will spread out just a tiny bit.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Place them on a wire rack to cool completely.