Lets be real- Banana bread is a classic and it gets even better when you add chocolate to the banana bread because who doesn’t love a banana chocolate combination. This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe WILL have basic household ingredients, WILL be VERY MOIST, and it WILL include CHOCOLATE.
-Makes 1 Loaf-
- 1 1/2 cup of mashed over ripe bananas (about 2-3 bananas)
- 5 Tbs melted butter (70 grams)
- 3/4 cups sugar (150 grams)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (190 grams)
- 1 tsp baking soda (4 grams)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg (2 grams)
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup cup semi- sweet chocolate chips (120 grams)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan. You can also line with parchment paper to avoid sticking.
- Combine flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Combine together mashed bananas, butter, egg, and sugar in a medium bowl until evenly combined. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined. DO NOT over mix.
- Lastly, add most of your chocolate chips in the banana bread batter. You can save a handful to add to the top of the banana bread.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. DO NOT overbake.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a rack.