This Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze is all the delicious flavor of cinnamon rolls without all of the hassle. The only thing you have to lose when making this is- nothing! In fact, you gaining your time back because this recipe does not require rising, rolling, and cutting that are needed for cinnamon rolls.
This is the ultimate addition to a breakfast or brunch party for multiple people. It is easy enough to make the morning of. OR you can make it one day ahead because this Cinnamon Roll Cake stays moist and flavorful for a few days. I make this cake in a 9×13 Pyrex Glass Baking dish with a cover (Amazon Affiliate link) because of the convenience of baking and storing in the same dish.
Why I love this Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze…
- Ingredients are staple pantry items you probably already have in your kitchen
- Comes together in less than 15 minutes, plus baking time
- Flavorful and moist
- Feeds up to 12 people
How to make Cinnamon Roll Cake:
Making the Cake
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Beat together butter and sugar. Then add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix.
- Spread batter in a prepared baking pan.
Make the Cinnamon Filling
- Mix brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and flour until well combined.
- Dollop spoon fulls of filling over batter and spread with a knife, making marble effect.
Make cream cheese frosting
- Whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour over warm cake after it has baked.
How to store Cinnamon Roll Cake
One of the perks of this Cinnamon Roll Cake is that it stays moist and flavorful for up to 5 days! It can be stored at room temperature.
Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1 9×13 inch baking pan
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup butter room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream full fat
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter softened at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups light brown sugar packed
- 1 tbs ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ tbsp flour
- 3 oz cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 5 tbsp butter softened at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon,and salt. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and granulated sugar together on high speed until creamy and smooth. Add the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat on medium until ingredients are combined. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add in dry ingredients and with mixer on low speed, mix until smooth. Do not overmix. The batter should be thick.
- Spread the batter evenly onto prepared baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine softened butter, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Stir until ingredients are combined together.
- Drop cinnamon fillings with a spoon scattered in the cake batter.
- Using the back of a spoon or a butter knife, make a marble-effect pattern all around the cake by dragging the knife through both cinnamon filling and cake.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. The cake is done with a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from the oven and set aside.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- Cream together powdered sugar, salt, butter, and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in milk and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Top warm, not hot, cake with cream cheese frosting .
If you loved this recipe, be sure to check out other sweet treats found HERE.