Lemon Berry Scones
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cups full fat yogurt
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 3/4 cup frozen berries
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tbs butter, cold and cubed
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add small cubes of very cold butter and combine with a pastry cutter or your fingers until the mixture comes together but there are still very small chunks of butter.
- Whisk together yogurt, the egg yolk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Pour over the flour mixture, add the berries, then mix together.
- Pour onto a clean counter and work dough into an 8-in circle. Cut into 6-8 equal triangles. To make smaller scones, make 2 discs. Dough should be sticky but still hold it’s shape. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour, about 1 Tablespoon at a time.
- Place scones on a lined baking sheet, about 2/3 inches apart and refrigerate for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F .
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown and golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before adding the glaze.
- To make the glaze, mix together lemon juice and powdered sugar until the glaze is smooth. Drizzle over scones and enjoy.