A delicious chocolate yogurt tart made of chewy banana and oats crust and a 3 ingredient chocolate yogurt filling!
When I came up with this idea, I wanted a dessert that was very simple and included ingredients that I felt good about. It lead me to experimenting in the kitchen and the result was absolutely delicious! It is a great addition to your next brunch party or even for dessert after dinner. The crust tastes like a chewy oats and banana cookie and the chocolate yogurt filling tastes like a lighter cheesecake. If you’re a fan of the combination of chocolate and banana, you will love this recipe!
The Crust for the Chocolate Yogurt Tart.
I don’t know if you can get any simpler than this! A hand full of ingredients and you are left with a chewy wholesome crust that will go perfect with the chocolate yogurt filling. The ingredients that make up the crust are mashed bananas, vanilla extract, oat flour, whole old fashioned oats, and just 2 teaspoons of sugar for a hint of added sweetness.
Making the crust.
To make the crust, simply mash 2 bananas until there is no big chunks left. To the bananas, add vanilla extract and stir. Lastly, add all of the rest of the dry ingredients and it’s time to bake.
This mixture will be very sticky and unlike a traditional tart crust. Use the back of a spoon or spatula to spread the mixture evenly over the tart pan. A tip for better release at the end is to use non stick cooking spray before placing tart mixture in the tart pan.
You can make your own oat flour.
Oat flour is very expensive for something so simple. All you have to do is blend old fashioned oats in a blender until it has a consistency of flour. Take my word for it It is one thing that I will never buy because it really is that easy.
Baking the crust.
This crust requires only 12-15 minutes of baking! This recipe requires a 9-inch Tart Pan. Using a tart pan with a removable bottom makes it much easier for releasing when the final product is ready but it is not required.
Chocolate Yogurt Filling.
This may just be the easiest tart filling that you will ever make. Only 3 ingredients are required – chocolate chips, full fat Greek yogurt, and Cool Whip. If that’s not minimal ingredients, then I don’t know what is.
Making the Chocolate Yogurt Filling.
Melting the chocolate is the first step. To simplify the process, I use the microwave method. Microwave the chocolate 30 seconds at a time, mixing after every 30 seconds. This will help prevent burning the chocolate. Chocolate is easy to burn so make sure you don’t over heat it.
Finish the chocolate yogurt filling.
After the chocolate has melted, add in full fat Greek yogurt and frozen Cool Whip. Mix until all ingredients are completely Incorporated.
Chocolate Yogurt Tart
- 1 9-inch tart pan
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1 ⅕ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cups oat flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
Chocolate Yogurt Filling
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup Greek yogurt full fat
- 4 oz Cool Whip cold or frozen
- berries for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas until there are no big chunks. Add in in vanilla extract and mix until combined with mashed bananas. Mix in oat flour, sugar, and old fashioned oats. Spead the mixture evenly in a 9-inch tart pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake crust for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Once baked, allow crust to cool completely before adding chocolate yogurt filling.
Chocolate Yogurt Filling
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips. Melt chocolate chips in 30 second intervals and mixing every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Add Greek yogurt and frozen Cool Whip and mix until evenly combined with melted chocolate.
- Pour chocolate yogurt filling on top of cooled crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Looking for other ideas for your next brunch party, check these out: