This Swordfish Recipe is so tasty and it cooks so fast, you’ll never regret making it. If you’ve never tried swordfish, know that this fish has a firm, steak-like texture that’s very different than most types of fish. Due to its thickness, roughly 1 inch thick, it’s perfect for grilling because it doesn’t fall apart.
Most say that it should cook for about 3 minutes on each side on high heat, however, I have found that it may need to cook longer if the fish is thicker. Grilling for 3 minutes may leave the fish slightly pink in the center, although that will cook through even after you remove it from the heat.
Once ready, the fish should still be firm and should flake easily when pulled apart with a fork.
- 4 Swordfish steaks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 Tbs fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the grill on medium high heat.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and parsley together.
- Brush each swordfish steak with the marinade and season with salt and pepper on each side.
- Place the swordfish steaks on the grill. Depending on the thickness of the swordfish steaks, 3-5 minutes on each side will be enough to cook through fully.
- Once cooked, transfer the steaks on a plate and enjoy.