This Banana French Toast recipe is a delightful twist on classic breakfast French toast. It will have your taste buds dancing for joy and your ripe banana off of your counter. All the delicious flavors of the breakfast staple with a hint of sweetness and extra flavor from a ripe banana .
WHY I LOVE THIS RECIPE.
- Great way to use up ripe bananas
- Incredibly quick & easy, anyone can make it
- Inexpensive recipe great for any breakfast or brunch occasion
I enjoy hosting a brunch party for events such as Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or even a birthday celebration. The main problem that I run into is preparing dishes that are not unique yet quick and inexpensive to make.
That’s when I came up with Banana French Toast. I was in a time crunch when hosting my last minute brunch party and needed something quick with ingredients I already had on hand.
I was so desperately craving French toast but with a little something extra, if you know what I mean. The overripe banana were starring right at me as I was deciding on how to make French toast a little more exciting. That’s when I had the thought of dipping bread in an overripe banana whisked with eggs and calling it your one and only – Banana French Toast.
The outcome, you ask? Overwhelmingly delicious and so aromatic. I couldn’t wait to share it with all of you!!!
WHY USE OVERRIPE BANANA?
- More flavor and sweetness
- Higher moisture content allows with better mixing with the egg
BEST BREAD OPTIONS FOR BANANA FRENCH TOAST.
- French Baguette
- White Bread
HOW TO MAKE BANANA FRENCH TOAST
Mash overripe banana. Mash until consistency is smooth and free of any large lumps. I suggest doing this first because it will help the consistency of the mixture. The banana is harder to mash when combined with egg. It also helps when banana is overripe because it holds more moisture and is easier to mash until smooth.
Add egg to banana and whisk until evenly incorporated. Then mix in milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
Dip bread about 3 seconds on each side. Then cook in a heated skillet with melted butter.
Add desired toppings and ENJOY!
- Whipped cream
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- Powdered Sugar
OTHER BREAKFAST/BRUNCH RECIPES
Banana French Toast
- 4 eggs
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 slices bread
- butter for cooking
- Optional Topping: whipped cream, powdered sugar, fruit, maple syrup, walnuts, honey
- In a large shallow bowl, mash overripe bananas.
- Whisk in the eggs then add milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- In a large skillet, melt about 1-2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- While butter is melting, dip one to two slices of bread in the egg mixture, about 3 seconds on each side. Place in the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.