I love this coconut chocolate almond chia pudding because it is great to prepare ahead of time and resembles my favorite candy without all the added sugar and calories. In fact, this chia pudding tastes like dessert but it’s actually dense in nutrients that are beneficial to your health.
This chia pudding reminds me of Almond Joy. If you don’t already know, Almond Joy is a name of a very well known candy. Almond Joy is filled with coconut filling, has an almond center, and is coated with a thick layer of chocolate. The main ingredients in this candy are coconut, almond, and chocolate. Even though my Almond Joy chia pudding doesn’t have that candy in it, it does include all of the flavors. Making it a perfect sweet breakfast and it even makes a great dessert!
Benefits of the ingredeints.
Chia pudding is made with chia seeds. Chia seeds are a great source of fiber and powerful antioxidants. Almonds also contain fiber as well as protein. Both of these ingredients are a great start to your day and help you feel full longer.
- Elmhurst Milked Almonds (Amazon Affiliate link is for a 6 pack)
- Lily’s dark chocolate chips (Amazon Affiliate link is for a 3 pack)
- chia seeds
- salted almonds
- coconut flakes
- optional: sweeter of choice
How to make coconut chocolate almond chia pudding.
You’ll be amazed at how easy this is to make. In less than 5 minutes, you will have done most of the work. The longest step is waiting for the coconut chocolate almond chia pudding to set. Below are the 5 easy steps.
- Warm up milk, add chocolate chip, until melted
- Add chia seeds and stir. Wait 2 minutes and stir again.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Add crunched salted almonds and coconut flakes.
- Stir & Enjoy!
What if I want to add sweetener?
Lily’s dark chocolate chips do not have added sugar and are not very sweet. To make this dessert sweeter, feel free to add stevia, maple syrup, honey, or any other sweetener of choice. Add in with the chocolate chips and stir well to combine.
Can I substitute almond milk for other milk?
Yes- you can use your favorite milk to make chia pudding.
Coconut Chocolate Almond Chia Pudding
- 1 cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup Lily's dark chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup salted almonds chopped
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- sweetner of choice optional
- Heat almond milk in the microwave for 1 minute or on the stove top until it's hot but does not start to boil. Remove from heat and add dark chocolate chips. Let the chocolate chips sit in the hot milk for about 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate melts. If you are adding sweetener of choice, add it at this point and mix. Evenly divide the chocolate almond milk into 2 seperate jars or small bowls.
- Add 2 tablespoons of chia seeds in each serving. Stir, let sit for 2 minutes, and stir again to ensure even distribution of chia seeds in milk.
- Refirgerate for at least 2 hours or up to 2 day. Before serving, divide crushed almonds and coconut flakes evenly between the two servings.
- Mix and enojy.