The BEST Tzatziki Recipe
Close your eyes, have a taste of this AMAZING Tzatziki and you’ll feel like you’re in the middle of a Greek island listening to the waves crashing and the gentle sound of the lyre in the background. Now open your eyes because the reality is, you’re just eyeing this recipe because its creamy and garlicky and that’s all you ever want. Trust me when I say that you will LOVE this Tzatziki recipe because there is nothing quite like it and if you’ve tried Tzatziki in Greece, the flavor of this recipe will take you back .
- 3/4 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of full-fat sour cream
- 1/2 of a large cucumber, grated
- 1-2 garlic cloves, VERY finely minced
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Note: You may opt to use sour cream and instead, just use 1 1/2 cups of Greek yogurt. However, I have found that sour cream gives it a thicker, smoother texture with a more authentic and bold flavor.
- Grate the cucumber and squeeze out as much of the juices as possible. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the Greek yogurt, sour cream, garlic, vinegar, dill, and salt.
- Mix the grated cucumber into the yogurt mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator in a tight lid container for at least 1 hour before serving. Tzatziki is great as a dip with vegetables and pita chips and can even be used as a spread onto sandwiches and wraps.